Friday 28 January 2022

LGBTQ+ Awareness - my world wide presentation !

 Recently I was asked to give a presentation on LGBTQ+ to the company who own my oil platform. 

At first I thought it was just a simple powerpoint that would be posted on the company website with some simple information and explanations; however one of the directors had other ideas and wanted this to be a ‘learning at lunchtime’ session broadcast live to all the company world wide ! YIKES!! 

So I revisited my powerpoint and added more links and expanded the narrative, with deeper research into the background and history of the community. 

This lead to lots of thinking on my situation, being TG and open about my lifestyle, and how I was to put this over to an international audience with different laws and religions. 

I had lots of good questions around the presentation, with discussion points on my experience working offshore as an Out and Proud and TG, as well as the new research into the management of HIV/AIDS. Some of the comments were very touching in the support the oil and gas industry now gives to all members of the LGBTQ+ community. 

Below are the slides and notes from the presentation, which hopefully make some sense out of context from the meeting. 

Presented in Dec 2021. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Humble Beginnings

As many of you know, we all have to start somewhere and this is my first jump into writing a blog, so bare with me and my misguided steps in...