Wednesday 24 May 2017

Humble Beginnings

As many of you know, we all have to start somewhere and this is my first jump into writing a blog, so bare with me and my misguided steps in to this new area of development.

I am truly lucky to have had so much happen in my life to even contemplate writing about things,  but this is the first post to kick things off and introduce myself to the cyber world.

I was born in a town called Devizes in Wiltshire, England, that is geographically the centre of the universe. I attended school and was not a high achiever, seeing the writing on the wall that I was not going to obtain any school qualifications I left when legally able and joined the Royal Air Force as I liked aeroplanes.
Now I must explain that I truly enjoyed most of my time at school and never missed a day of my five year at senior school, but I was not graded high enough to achieve ‘O’ levels or ‘CSE’ as they were at the time, and joining the forces was a way to gain a good employment with out requiring lots of examination grades.

I did have one thing going for me and that was being transgender.

So being transgender and growing up in a small west country town, going to a comprehensive school then joining the armed forces with no qualifications ...  what could possibly go wrong ??!!



2 comments:

Humble Beginnings

As many of you know, we all have to start somewhere and this is my first jump into writing a blog, so bare with me and my misguided steps in...